As another Highlanders' year draws to a close, we invite you to our Annual General Meeting on 26 April.
We'll review the year that was and remember all the fun events we ran - Regular Monday night dancing, Ceilidh, Reel St Andrew's Ball, Hogmanay, Burns' Night, New Year Walk and others...
Meeting at the offices of Mayer Brown JSM (as guests of David McKellar)
It is your right as members to nominate and elect members to the committee, and there are plenty of vacancies. New recruits are welcome and the workload is officially described as ”not onerous”. For further details speak to any committee member or David McKellar on 2843 2493.
1. To consider, and if thought fit approve, the Minutes of the 2016 AGM
2. To receive the report of the Fear an Taigh on the Society’s activities since the last AGM
3. To receive and approve the Society’s accounts for the financial year 2016-7.
4. To appoint Auditors for the financial year 2017-8.
5. To elect the members of the committee who shall hold office until the nextAGM.
6. To elect a Fear an Taigh and/or Bean an Taigh who shall hold office until the next AGM.
7. Any other business
a) Members who wish to raise matters under item 7 are requested to give three days notice to the secretary in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) Ordinary and Associate members of the Society whose subscriptions are not in arrears, and Honorary Life Members, may vote at the Annual General Meeting, or nominate/second proposed members of the committee
To ensure you'll get members' rates at events, we invite you join or renew your membership. Membership fees are nominal:
1. Individual Renewal (annual subscription) - $100
2. Individual New Member (membership fee + annual subscription) - $150
3. Family Renewal (annual subscription) - $200
4. Family New Member (membership fee + annual subscription) - $300
Three easy ways to join or renew:
- Go to http://www.hkhighlanders.com/membership and pay online (no Paypal account required)
- Send a cheque made payable to “Hong Kong Highlanders” to The Membership Secretary, The Highlanders, 22A Crawford Tower, 99 Jervois St, Sheung Wan, HK
- Pay at the door at the Ceilidh on 12 March or the AGM on 26 April.